What better way to start your day than with one of these these moist, flavorful banana nut muffins? Made with chopped pecans or walnuts, they are perfect for breakfast, a quick snack or anytime you'd like a sweet treat. They are simple to make and a fun cooking activity to do with little ones, and freeze well.
More Tasty Muffin Recipes
- Heat the oven to 400° F. Grease and flour 12 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- Cream butter and sugar with an electric hand-held mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Add bananas and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Mix together the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Stir flour mixture into butter mixture, alternating with the sour milk or buttermilk. Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened; gently stir in the chopped pecans or walnuts.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups or liners, filling about tow-thirds full. Bake for about 15 to 18 minutes, or until tops are lightly browned.
- Cool the muffins in the pan on a rack for a few minutes; turn them out onto rack to cool longer.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|