This banana pudding pie is a snap to make and bake with a ready-made graham cracker pie, instant vanilla pudding, and fresh sliced bananas. Use frozen, thawed whipped topping or fresh sweetened whipped cream to top it off.
Garnish the pie toasted coconut or chocolate shavings.
- 1 graham cracker crust (or chocolate cookie crumb crust)
- 1 package chocolate instant pudding (or vanilla, along with milk as package directs)
- 3 or 4 bananas (thinly sliced)
- 1 container whipped topping (or whipped cream)
- Garnish: shaved chocolate or toasted coconut
- Using 1/2 cup less than the package calls for, make the instant vanilla pudding.
- Spread the pudding in the crust. Top with sliced bananas.
- Cover the pie and place it in the refrigerator to chill thoroughly.
- Spread whipped topping or whipped cream over the top.
- Garnish with shaved chocolate if desired.
How to Toast Coconut: Spread about 1/3 cup of flaked coconut out in a single layer in a dry skillet.
Place the skillet over medium-low heat and cook, stirring constantly, until the coconut is browned. Remove the coconut to a plate to cool.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|