A healthy, portable version of the classic dessert everyone knows and loves. This recipe uses fresh fruit, chopped nuts, and melted chocolate to make an easily customizable sweet treat you can feel great about making and sharing with kids.
- 1 banana, cut into bite-size rounds
- 1/4 lb chopped fresh pineapple, bite-size chunks
- 4 strawberries, halved
- 1 cup chocolate candy melts or melting chocolate
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts, any you like
- 12 skewers or popsicle sticks
Line a large baking sheet or tray with parchment paper.
Take each stick and skewer 1 pineapple bite, 1 banana round, and 1 strawberry half.
Place them on the tray and set in freezer for 10 minutes.
Put the nuts into a small dish.
Melt the chocolate in a wide small bowl or plate according to the bag instructions.
Dip the bottom of the fruit skewers in the melted chocolate and then right into the nuts to coat.
As each one is done, place them back on the prepared sheet to rest and set.