Make the most of ripe bananas with this gorgeous banana yogurt cake. It's sweet, moist and ever so easy to make. In this recipe I use a slightly sweetened plain yogurt so if you use unsweetened yogurt, add 2-3 tablespoons of caster sugar to make up the sweetness.
- 4 ounces/120 grams butter (at room temperature, plus more for greasing tin)
- 3.5 ounces/100 grams caster sugar
- 2 eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 bananas (very ripe and mashed)
- 7 ounces/200 grams yogurt (sweetened, plain)
- 7 ounces/200 grams all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Grease a 8cm-deep, 11 x 21cm loaf tin with a little butter. Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Add eggs one at time beating well after each addition.
- Use a metal spoon to fold through the mashed bananas and yogurt.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder, then fold gently into the banana/yogurt mixture until just combined. Don't over mix.
- Spoon mixture into greased tin and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. Remove cake from oven and allow to stand for 5 minutes in tin. After this time, gently turn the cake out of the tin and cool on a wire rack.
- Serve. Cake can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 days.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|