Coconut milk, cream and cinnamon make a rich topping for steamed bananas. Feel free to add other Asian fruit, such as mangoes or starfruit.
- 4 Bananas
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed in 3 tablespoons coconut milkMint leaves
- Peel the bananas and cut into quarters.
- Steam the bananas in a covered steamer over a wok filled with boiling water.
- Bring the coconut cream and coconut milk to a boil. Stir in the cinnamon and sugar.
- Give the cornstarch and coconut milk mixture a quick re-stir. Add to the saucepan, stirring quickly to thicken.
- Place the steamed banana pieces in individual serving dishes and pour the sauce over. Garnish with mint leaves and Asian fruit slices, as desired.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||31 g|
|Saturated Fat||27 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|