If you want to make barbecue ribs without the hassle, putting them in the slow cooker is your easy out. While they may not have the authentic off-the-grill flavor, they do have great taste and are guaranteed to fall off the bone.
- 3 pounds (1.3 kg) beef short ribs
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) water
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7.5 mL) sea salt
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) coarse ground black pepper
1. Place ribs in slow cooker or crockpot with salt, pepper, and 1/2 cup water. Cook for 2 hours on high heat.
2. Drain fat and pour in barbecue sauce and remaining ingredients and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. Add more salt and pepper toward the end of cooking time.
3. Serve with your favorite barbecue sides, like mashed potatoes.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||60 g|
|Saturated Fat||26 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||28 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|