The cumin and cayenne pepper in this rub add a nice Southwestern flavor to brisket. You can reduce the amount of spice in this recipe to suit your palette.
- 1/4 cup salt (kosher or coarse)
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper (use less if desired)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Mix ingredients together in bowl and apply rub to brisket 2 to 4 hours before cooking.
- Refrigerate meat for a minimum of 4 to 6 hours to enhance flavor. This rub can be stored for several months in an airtight container, in a dark, cool place.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|