What's more fun to eat than a tasty chicken drumstick? Especially one covered with a thick, glistening barbecue glaze.
- 12 chicken drumsticks (about 3 1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (divided)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt (plus more as needed)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoons vegetable oil (to grease pan)
- With a sharp knife, make two slashes, about 1-inch apart into the thickest part of the drumstick, cutting to the bone. Transfer the chicken to a large sealable plastic freezer bag.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1/4 cup of the barbecue sauce with the rest of the ingredients. Pour into the bag of chicken, press out most of the air and seal tightly. Shake the bag gently to distribute the sauce evenly. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and grease lightly with vegetable oil. Remove the chicken from the bag with tongs and space evenly on the pan. Discard the contents of the bag. Brush both sides of the drumsticks with barbecue sauce.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove and brush generously with more sauce. Return to the oven and repeat this brushing process three more times, for a total cooking time of about 50-60 minutes. When done, the chicken will be fork tender and sport a thick, beautiful glaze.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||57 g|
|Saturated Fat||15 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||24 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|