This recipe for barbecue chicken pizza includes chopped bell peppers and red onion, with an easy crust made from frozen bread dough.
Other possible toppings include jalapeno peppers, mushrooms, pineapple, sausage, or sliced olives. When it comes out of the oven, finish it with a light swirl of Ranch dressing!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 (1 pound) loaf frozen bread dough, thawed, or 1 pound bread dough made in bread machine
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce, your favorite, or homemade
- 1 small bell pepper chopped
- 4 thin slices purple onion, cut in half, separated
- 3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Preheat oven to 400°. Grease 15-inch pizza pan with olive oil and sprinkle evenly with cornmeal.
Roll or stretch the thawed dough to fit pan.
In a medium bowl, combine the chicken and the barbecue sauce. Spread the mixture evenly over the dough. Scatter the bell pepper and onion over the top; cover with the shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
Place the pizza pan on the lowest shelf in oven and bake until the crust is browned, about 20 minutes.
Cut into wedges and serve hot.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||37 g|
|Saturated Fat||17 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|