This is a simple way to make a great side dish while you are preparing something else. These onions can be cooked right in the coals on your smoker, or off to the side on your grill. Make sure you use a sweet onion with a tasty barbecue sauce.
- 4 large Vidalia or sweet Washington onions
- 1/4 cup/60 mL barbecue sauce
- Trim off the top and outer skin of the onions. Cut a small bowl in the top of the onion and pour in 1 tablespoon of barbecue sauce. Wrap onions tightly in aluminum foil.
- Place on grill and cook on an upper rack for about 45 minutes. These onions can also be cooked over a campfire.
- Remove wrapped onions from the grill and set them aside to rest for 10 minutes. Carefully unwrap and serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|