Baked Stuffed Acorn Squash. Stuffed acorn squash is a popular vegetarian entree for Thanksgiving or any fall evening. This stuffed squash recipe is a vegetarian and vegan balanced meal with healthy and high-fiber beans for protein.
Stuffed squash recipe and photo courtesy of Bush's® Beans. Scroll down for more vegetarian stuffed squash recipes.
- 3 acorn squash
- 1 28 ounce can vegetarian baked beans, drained
- 4 tbsp barbecue sauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- Cut each squash in half widthwise. Slice 1/4 inch off the rounded end of each half so the squash sits upright without wobbling. Scrape out the seeds with a spoon and discard.
- Mix baked beans, barbecue sauce, maple syrup and brown sugar in small mixing bowl. Divide mixture evenly among squash halves and top each half with 1/2 tablespoon butter or margarine. The squash can be prepared several hours ahead of time to this stage and refrigerated.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes. Cover lightly with foil if filling starts to dry.
Wasn't that easy? Enjoy your stuffed acorn squash!
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||27 g|