This is a simple pheasant recipe that calls for the bird to be basted with barbecue sauce. Either make your own or use your favorite brand. Either way, it will be delicious!
- 1 pheasant, cut into pieces
- 1 cup (240 mL) barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) melted butter
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) salt
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) black pepper
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) paprika
1. Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Sprinkle pheasant pieces with salt, paprika, and black pepper. Brush with melted butter and place on grill rack. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally. Baste with barbecue sauce frequently throughout cooking process. Reduce heat to medium and cook for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the pheasant reaches 165 degrees F.
2. Remove from heat, let rest for five minutes, carve and serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|