Marinate the venison roast then slow cook for a tender and tasty roast.
- 1 venison roast (rump roast, about 3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 can (12 ounces) beer
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 2 onions, sliced
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 cups Barbecue Sauce, your favorite
- Trim excess fat from venison.
- In large bowl combine beer, garlic, salt, pepper, onions and bay leaves
- Add venison (the marinade should cover meat). Marinate in the refrigerator for 12 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove venison and onions from marinade, place in slow cooker/crockpot and pour 1 cup Barbecue Sauce over top. Cover and cook on low for 10 to 12 hours.
- Serve with remaining Barbecue Sauce.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||20 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|