Barb's wonderful moist zucchini cake is filled with grated zucchini and walnuts. The cake doesn't include a frosting, but it would be wonderful with a cream cheese frosting or a simple drizzled glaze. Or simply sift powdered sugar over the cake.
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (I always use pure vanilla extract)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups grated zucchini (leave skins on)
- 1 cup walnuts
- Mix oil and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time beating well after each addition; blend in vanilla. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and baking soda.
- Add sifted dry ingredients to first mixture; alternating with grated zucchini. Fold in chopped nuts. (Batter will be a bit thin.)
- Pour into greased and floured 13x9x2-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 55 minutes.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||41 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||23 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|