Barking Crackers is a simple candy made with soda crackers and chocolate that is similar to a traditional toffee or bark recipe.
Be sure to check the bottom of the recipe for complete instructions for a Passover version of this recipe.
- 40 soda crackers*
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate (or butterscotch chips)
- Optional: 1 cup finely chopped nuts and toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a jelly roll (15 x 10-inches with sides) pan with foil and grease lightly. Completely line pan with crackers.
- Boil butter and brown sugar for 3 minutes. Stirring constantly. Pour mixture over crackers.
- Bake for 5 minutes and remove from the oven.
- Sprinkle chips over pan. Let chips soften so they can be evenly spread. Sprinkle nuts over top.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour and then break apart into bite-sized pieces. Store these in the refrigerator.
Just substitute 6 pieces of Matzo crackers for the soda crackers.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||97 g|
|Saturated Fat||41 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||42 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|