These light, flaky butter cookies garnished with a single blanched almond make a lovely yet simple treat. Perfect for guests, holidays or just about any time, they are made with ground almonds and almond extract which bumps up the sweet nutty flavor. They are so quick to whip up, your cookie jar will never go empty again!
- 1 cup 4 1/2 ounces flour (all-purpose, spoon and sweep)
- 1 cup almonds (ground)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 dash of salt
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup sugar (granulated)
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 48 almonds (whole blanched)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease lightly.
- Stir together flour, ground almonds, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl cream butter and sugar at medium speed of electric hand-held mixer. Beat in egg white and almond extract.
- Stir flour and ground almond mixture into the creamed mixture. Cover with plastic wrap; chill for about 2 hours.
- Shape dough into small balls, about 3/4-inch. Place balls on the prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart; flatten slightly with the bottom of a glass. Press an almond into the center of each cookie.
- Bake at 350° for about 12 minutes, or until set but not browned.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||107 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||66 g|
|Dietary Fiber||21 g|