Call me a purist, but I like my buttercream frosting to be made with butter and cream. And this buttercream frosting recipe is made with exactly those ingredients (plus some confectioner's sugar and vanilla). Try it, and see if you don't agree that it is the best buttercream frosting recipe you've ever tasted.
- 1 cup butter (softened to room temperature)
- 1-2 1/2 cups sugar (confectioner's)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-2 tablespoon cream (heavy)
- With an electric mixer, beat butter and 1 cup of the confectioner's sugar until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Taste, and add more sugar if desired. I find 1 cup is all I need, but if you prefer a sweeter buttercream frosting, use up to 2-1/2 cups of sugar.
- Add vanilla and 1 Tbsp. of the cream to the frosting. Beat well. If frosting is too thick for spreading, add another tablespoon of cream.
Use this buttercream frosting for cupcakes and cakes.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||24 g|
|Saturated Fat||15 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|