- 2 teaspoons yeast (active dry)
- 1 1/2 cups water (lukewarm)
- 1 tablespoon sugar (granulated)
- 3 1/2 cups flour (all-purpose)
- Place the yeast in a bowl and pour the warm water over. Stir in the sugar to dissolve. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Sift the flour into a bowl. Add the yeast and water mixture and begin stirring immediately.
- Keep stirring until you have a dough that holds together and doesn't stick to the sides of the bowl. Adjust the amount of water, adding more or less as is needed.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead until it is smooth and elastic (about 10 minutes). Add more flour or water if needed.
- Cover and let rest for 1 1/2 hours. Punch the dough down again, and let it rest for 1 - 1 1/2 more hours, until it's size has doubled.
- Use as called for in the recipe.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|