Make these classic crab cakes that will surely impress. Serve these flavorful crab cakes with remoulade or tartar sauce.
- 8 ounces lump crab meat
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 small clove garlic, finely minced, or dash garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Rinse and pick over crab meat, discarding any pieces of shell or cartilage. Try to leave lumps as large as possible.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over low heat; slowly saute finely diced onion, celery, red pepper, and garlic until tender.
- Whisk egg in a bowl; add mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, and Creole seasoning.
- Combine with sauteed vegetables and soft bread crumbs, mixing well.
- Add the crab meat and form into loose patties; place on a waxed paper-lined plate.
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour, or until firm.
- Heat remaining 4 tablespoons butter in large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Gently place crab cakes in skillet and cook for about 5 minutes. Turn and cook for 4 to 5 minutes longer, until cooked through.
- Serve with a remoulade sauce or tartar sauce.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||21 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|