|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
Lamb stew recipe with shoulder chops, potatoes, carrots, and other vegetables, along with seasonings. The shoulder lamb chops are cut into pieces and cooked along with the bones to make a flavorful lamb stew.
Vegetables include rutabaga, bell pepper, celery, carrots, and potatoes. Serve it with biscuits or Irish soda bread.
- 1 pound lamb shoulder chops
- 2 medium potatoes, quartered
- 3 small carrots, cut in 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 ribs celery, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut in 1/2 inch strips
- 1/2 cup diced rutabaga, optional
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- dash pepper
- 3 tablespoons cold water blended with 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Trim fat from the lamb chops then cut the meat into 1-inch pieces. Place the meat and bones in a stock pot or Dutch oven; barely cover with about 1 1/4 cups water. Cover the pan and simmer for 45 minutes (do not boil).
Add potato, carrots, celery, green pepper, rutabaga, salt, and pepper. Cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, until meat and vegetables are tender.
Remove from heat; stir in the flour and water mixture. Return to heat. Cook, stirring, until stew is thickened.
Add parsley and taste and adjust seasonings.
More Lamb Stew Recipes