This tasty peach salsa includes peaches, tomato, green onion, red bell pepper, lime juice, and seasonings, along with sugar or honey if you like your salsa sweeter. Serve this flavorful salsa with grilled chicken, fish, or pork chops.
- 2 cups diced peeled peaches
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, about 1 medium lime
- 1 to 2 teaspoons finely minced hot or mild chile pepper, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, or to taste
- Dash ginger
- Dash garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon orange or pineapple juice, optional
- Dash freshly ground black pepper
- Sugar or honey, if desired, to taste
- Combine all salsa ingredients, tasting and adding sugar or honey if you would like the salsa a little sweeter. It really depends on the sweetness of the peaches.
- Some chopped mango can be used along with peaches in this recipe.
- Let stand for 45 minutes or refrigerate for a few hours before serving.
- Serve with grilled fish, chicken, or pork.
Makes enough for 4 to 6.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|