|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 to 6 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 9g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||6%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This tasty peach salsa includes peaches, tomato, green onion, red bell pepper, lime juice, and seasonings, along with sugar or honey if you like your salsa sweeter. Serve this flavorful salsa with grilled chicken, fish, or pork chops.
- 2 cups peaches (diced and peeled)
- 1 cup tomato (diced)
- 1/2 cup green onion (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper (diced)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (about 1 medium lime)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons hot or mild chili pepper, or to taste (finely minced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, or to taste (chopped)
- Dash ginger
- Dash garlic powder
- Dash freshly ground black pepper
- Optional: 1 tablespoon orange or pineapple juice
- Optional: Sugar or honey, if desired, to taste
Combine all salsa ingredients, tasting and adding sugar or honey if you like your salsa a little sweeter. The overall sweetness really depends on the peaches.
Let stand for 45 minutes or refrigerate for a few hours before serving.
Serve with grilled fish, chicken, or pork.
- Some chopped mango can be used along with peaches in this recipe.