|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 2 1/2 dozen (serves 7)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 23g||30%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||24%|
|Total Carbohydrate 53g||19%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||10%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Peanut butter cookies have long been a family favorite cookie. This recipe produces classic chewy and delicious peanut butter cookie. The cookies are pressed with a fork to make the classic ridges.
For soft and chewy cookies, take them out when they begin to brown around the edges. Dip them in melted chocolate!
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups flour, 5 3/4 ounces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- about 2 tablespoons of flour or granulated sugar for dipping and pressing
- Gather the ingredients.
- Heat the oven to 375 F.
- Grease baking sheets lightly or line with parchment paper.
- Cream the granulated and brown sugars with the butter and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and then stir in remaining ingredients.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheets. Press the dough balls down with a fork dipped in flour to make ridges down the center. Dip fork tines in flour or granulated sugar before pressing each cookie.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until they begin to brown around the edges.
- Makes about 2 1/2 to 3 dozen peanut butter cookies.
Use chunky peanut butter in the cookies or fold in about 1/2 cup of chopped peanuts to the batter just before baking.
Peanut Butter Thumbprint Cookies: Roll the cookie dough balls in sugar and place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. With your thumb, press an indentation in each cookie. Bake as directed in the recipe. When the cookies have cooled, fill the indentation with about a scant 1/2 teaspoon of jam or preserves.