|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 2g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||2%|
|Total Carbohydrate 13g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||5%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
A tasty pineapple salsa recipe with cilantro, chopped purple and green onion, honey, and lime juice, along with other seasonings Serve this tasty pineapple salsa with grilled or broiled fish, chicken, or pork.
Fresh pineapple is best for this dish, but frozen or canned (drained) may be used in a pinch.
- 1 cup pineapple (fresh, finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons onion (purple, finely chopped purple)
- 2 tablespoons shallot (finely chopped)
- Optional: 1 tablespoon bell pepper (red, finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (fresh, finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (or chipotle)
- Optional: 2 teaspoons jalapeno (finely minced)
- 1 1/2-2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Combine all ingredients; cover and refrigerate for an hour or more to blend flavors.
Serve with grilled or broiled fish, chicken, or pork.
Glass Bakeware Warning
Do not use glass bakeware when broiling or when a recipe calls to add liquid to a hot pan, as glass may explode. Even if it states oven-safe or heat resistant, tempered glass products can, and do, break occasionally.
You Might Also Like