A tasty pineapple salsa recipe with cilantro, chopped purple and green onion, honey, and lime juice, along with other seasonings Serve this tasty pineapple salsa with grilled or broiled fish, chicken, or pork.
Fresh pineapple is best for this dish, but frozen or canned (drained) may be used in a pinch.
- 1 cup pineapple (fresh, finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons onion (purple, finely chopped purple)
- 2 tablespoons shallot (finely chopped)
- Optional: 1 tablespoon bell pepper (red, finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (fresh, finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (or chipotle)
- Optional: 2 teaspoons jalapeno (finely minced)
- 1 1/2-2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all ingredients; cover and refrigerate for an hour or more to blend flavors.
- Serve with grilled or broiled fish, chicken, or pork.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|