|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 4|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 19g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||34%|
|Total Carbohydrate 23g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||13%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This is a basic pizza made with a homemade dough and several topping suggestions.
Be creative with toppings for this pizza - use your favorite vegetable and meat toppings, or mix up the cheese.
A combination of Provolone and Mozzarella or Cheddar and Mozzarella are excellent choices.
- For the Dough:
- 1 package active dry yeast (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1 cup water (warm)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- For the Topping:
- 1 can/8 ounces tomato sauce
- Optional: browned ground beef or Italian sausage, broken up
- 1 can mushrooms (sliced, drained)
- Optional: thinly sliced green pepper and onions
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 to 2 cups Mozzarella cheese (or a blend of Mozzarella and Cheddar, shredded)
Gather the ingredients.
Heat the oven to 400 F.
Add yeast to the water and stir until dissolved. Add sugar, oil, flour, and salt. Set mixing bowl filled with dough in warm water for 5 minutes to rise. Pat dough out on a well-greased pizza pan or cookie sheet.
Layer toppings on dough in the order listed.
Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until the crust is browned.