This is a basic pizza made with a homemade dough and several topping suggestions.
Be creative with toppings for this pizza - use your favorite vegetable and meat toppings, or mix up the cheese.
A combination of Provolone and Mozzarella or Cheddar and Mozzarella are excellent choices.
- For the Dough:
- 1 package active dry yeast (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1 cup water (warm)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- For the Topping:
- 1 can/8 ounces tomato sauce
- Optional: browned ground beef or Italian sausage, broken up
- 1 can mushrooms (sliced, drained)
- Optional: thinly sliced green pepper and onions
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 to 2 cups Mozzarella cheese (or a blend of Mozzarella and Cheddar, shredded)
- Heat the oven to 400 F.
- Add yeast to the water and stir until dissolved. Add sugar, oil, flour, and salt. Set mixing bowl filled with dough in warm water for 5 minutes to rise. Pat dough out on a well-greased pizza pan or cookie sheet.
- Layer toppings on dough in the order listed.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until the crust is browned.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||19 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|