This classic pork rub is perfect for smoked pork roasts. It's a particular favorite for pulled pork, however, this basic rub recipe can be used for ribs and chops too.
- 1/3 cup/80 mL paprika
- 1/4 cup/60 mL sugar
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL black pepper
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL salt
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL chili powder
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL cayenne pepper
- Mix all ingredients. Work half of the mixture into meat 12 to 24 hours before cooking.
- Apply remaining rub before smoking. Makes enough for about 5 to 6 pounds of meat.
- Store in airtight glass jar in a cool, dry place for up to 1 month after preparation. Make sure no moisture gets into the rub before storing.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|