Serves 4 to 6
This is a basic recipe for fried rice that you can add to as desired. If adding other ingredients, increase the number of eggs to 3.
Need a bit of help? Here are step by step photo instructions showing how to make basic fried rice.
- 1 to 2 green onions (as desired)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pepper (to taste)
- 4 tablespoons oil (for stir-frying, or as needed)
- 4 cups cold cooked rice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons light soy sauce (or oyster sauce, as desired)
- Wash and finely chop the green onion. Lightly beat the eggs with the salt and pepper.
- Heat a wok or frying pan and add 2 tablespoons oil. When the oil is hot, add the eggs. Cook, stirring, until they are lightly scrambled but not too dry. Remove the eggs and clean out the pan.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil. Add the rice. Stir-fry for a few minutes, using chopsticks or a wooden spoon to break it apart. Stir in the soy sauce or oyster sauce as desired.
- When the rice is heated through, add the scrambled egg back into the pan. Mix thoroughly. Stir in the green onion. Serve hot.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|