These roasted potatoes are a snap to prepare, and they taste amazing. Make them with or without the garlic, and serve along with a steak, chicken, or fish. Red-skinned potatoes are preferred for this dish, but round white or small new potatoes would also be good choices.
The roasted potatoes make an excellent breakfast or brunch side dish as well.
- 2 to 2 1/2 pounds red-skinned potatoes, unpeeled, scrubbed and cut in 1 to 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced, optional
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Heat the oven to 400 F.
- In a large bowl, toss the potato chunks with the olive oil, kosher salt, black pepper, garlic, and parsley.
- Spread the potatoes out in a single layer in a large, shallow rimmed baking pan, such as a large jelly roll pan or half sheet pan.
- Roast the potatoes for about 50 to 60 minutes, or until nicely browned, turning every 15 to 20 minutes to brown evenly.
Tips and Variations
- Add a teaspoon or two of paprika and toss with the potatoes along with the garlic and parsley.
- Instead of olive oil, use vegetable oil, melted duck fat, or another neutral flavor oil.
- Add a small sliced or coarsely chopped onion to the potatoes.
- Add red or green bell pepper strips along with chopped onions.
- Add some diced leftover ham or cooked diced bacon to make a hearty one-dish meal.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|