|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 14g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Total Carbohydrate 55g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||21%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
These roasted potatoes are a snap to prepare, and they taste amazing. Make them with or without the garlic, and serve along with steak, chicken, or fish. Red-skinned potatoes are preferred for this dish, but round white or small new potatoes would also be good choices.
The roasted potatoes make an excellent breakfast or brunch side dish as well.
Click Play to See This Recipe Come Together
Gather the ingredients.
Heat the oven to 400 F.
In a large bowl, toss the potato chunks with the olive oil, kosher salt, black pepper, garlic, and parsley.
Spread the potatoes out in a single layer in a large, shallow rimmed baking pan, such as a large jelly roll pan or half sheet pan.
Roast the potatoes for about 50 to 60 minutes, or until nicely browned, turning every 15 to 20 minutes to brown evenly.
Serve and enjoy!
- Any potato may be roasted, but the red-skinned variety is lower in starch and keeps its shape better than higher starch potatoes. And with the peels left on, they are colorful.
- Add a teaspoon or two of paprika and toss with the potatoes along with the garlic and parsley.
- Instead of olive oil, use vegetable oil, melted duck fat, or another neutral flavor oil.
- Add a small sliced or coarsely chopped onion to the potatoes.
- Add red or green bell pepper strips along with chopped onions.
- Add some diced leftover ham or cooked diced bacon to make a hearty one-dish meal.