This basic salmon loaf is delicious with tartar sauce on the side. Or make a plain white sauce or mushroom sauce to drizzle over the loaf.
This cucumber salad would be perfect with the salmon loaf.
- 1 can (16 ounces) salmon, drained
- 1 1/2 cups soft fresh bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup light cream or evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons very finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- Grease a 9-x 5- x 3-inch loaf pan. Heat oven to 350 F.
- Combine flaked salmon with bread crumbs.
- Whisk eggs with cream or milk and melted butter.
- Combine with the salmon mixture and stir in the onion, parsley flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, until done.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||24 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|