These delicious stuffed baked potatoes are an easy preparation, and they can make any meal extra-special.
The baked potatoes are scooped out, mashed with sour cream and cheese. The mashed potatoes are returned to the potato shells and baked with a generous topping of shredded cheese, bacon, and green onions.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- salt to taste (kosher)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream (plus more for serving)
- 1/2 cup milk (or half-and-half)
- 2 cups/8 ounces cheddar cheese (sharp, shredded; divided)
- 4 tablespoons green onions (chopped, divided)
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 8 strips bacon (cooked, drained, and crumbled, divided)
- Heat the oven to 400 F.
- Scrub the potatoes and pat dry; rub with olive oil and sprinkle with the kosher salt.
- Arrange the potatoes on a baking sheet and prick in several places with a sharp fork or skewer.
- Bake until fork tender, about 1 hour. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 F.
- Let the potatoes stand until cool enough to handle. Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Scoop the potato out of the shells into a bowl.
- Place the shells back on the baking sheet and set aside.
- Mash the potatoes with the butter. Blend in the sour cream, milk or half-and-half, and half of the Cheddar cheese.Stir in 2 tablespoons of the chopped green onions. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Spoon the mixture into the potato skin shells.
- Combine the remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese with the remaining 2 tablespoons of green onion and half of the crumbled bacon.
- Sprinkle each stuffed potato with 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese mixture; press down lightly to pack onto the potato.
- Bake the potatoes until the cheese melts and the potato filling is set, about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the remaining bacon before serving.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||62 g|
|Saturated Fat||36 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||18 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|