- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Scald 2 2/3 cups of the milk.
- Mix cornstarch, sugar, and salt; stir in remaining 1/3 cup milk. Add to the scalded milk and cook over low heat, constantly stirring, until thickened and smooth.
- Continue cooking for about 5 minutes to thoroughly cook cornstarch.
- Cool slightly; stir in vanilla and pour into serving dishes.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|