This is a simple, basic vanilla pudding, cooked with cornstarch, milk, and sugar. If you're looking for a classic pudding, this recipe is a good choice.
- 3 cups milk (divided)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Gather the ingredients.
- Scald 2 2/3 cups of the milk.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch, sugar, and salt.
- Stir in the remaining 1/3 cup milk.
- Add to the scalded milk and cook over low heat, constantly stirring, until thickened and smooth.
- Continue cooking for about 5 minutes to cook cornstarch thoroughly.
- Cool slightly and then stir in vanilla.
- Pour into serving dishes.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|