This sugar cookie recipe contains butter and vanilla. Scroll down to see more sugar cookie recipes.
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat the oven to 375° F (190° C/Gas 5).
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Sift flour and baking powder together; stir into creamed mixture.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate the dough for about 1 hour, or until dough is firm enough to roll.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough out to 1/8-inch thick and cut with cookie cutters.
- Bake for 6 to 10 minutes.
- Makes about 6 dozen small sugar cookies, or fewer with large cutters.
The recipe was shared on our forum by MillZ.
You Might Also Like
Peanut Butter Pinwheel Cookies
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|