Looking for the perfect vegan banana muffin recipe? Look no further, you've found it! Banana muffins are a very easy muffin for vegans to make because the banana can act as a binder and provide moisture instead of eggs. So you don't need eggs or even egg-replacer, which makes recipes such as this one perfect for anyone new to vegan baking (or new to baking in general) or anyone who is just hesitant to try something new.
So, why not give this easy-peasy vegan banana nut muffin recipe a whirl?
Looking for a few more ways to use up ripe bananas? If you've got overripe bananas going bad in your kitchen, another easy way to use them up quickly and deliciously is with this 4-star vegan banana cake recipe or try these vegan banana coconut muffins.
Like making homemade vegan muffins? Here are more vegan muffin recipes to try.
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup oil or vegan margarine (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Optional: 1 cup chopped walnuts
- First, pre-heat your oven to 360 degrees, and prepare a muffin tin by either lining or lightly greasing it with non-stick spray (I like to use a coconut oil spray when making muffins).
- Next, in a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork till soft. Add in the oil or vegan margarine and sugar and then cream them both together.
- In a separate bowl, combine together the flour, salt, and baking soda until well mixed. Combine this flour mixture with the banana mixture, stirring gently just to combine.
- Gently fold in the walnuts, if you're using them. You might also choose to just sprinkle them on top of each individual muffins before baking (some people also like to sprinkle a little extra sugar on top of their banana muffins just before baking).
- Next, carefully spoon the batter into your lightly greased or lined muffin tin. Fill each muffin about 2/3 full with the prepared batter.
- Bake your banana muffins in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|