Try these easy vegan crepes which are lower in fat than traditional French crepes, and are cholesterol-free as well. If you like crepes, no need to give them up when you adopt a dairy-free vegan diet! Dress up this basic and easy recipe for vegan crepes with fabulous vegan fillings: fresh fruit, chocolate sauce, peanut butter, jam, powdered sugar or get creative!
A few tips for making the perfect vegan crepes:
- Be patient, and practice often! Making crepes is a bit of an art form, and even regular (non-vegan) crepes are a bit tricky and take a bit of practice.
- A non-stick pan is a must, and a crepe pan is even better and will serve you well if you make homemade crepes more than just once every blue moon.
- There's an unspoken rule that for some reason, the first crepe always turns out bad. Don't get discouraged; the second one will definitely be better!
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup soy flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups soy milk
- Mix the dry ingredients and make a well in the middle. Pour in the soy milk and combine. The batter should be very thin.
- Heat a non-stick crepe pan and lightly coat with a non-stick spray.
- Pour in about 1/4 cup of the batter, tilting the pan so that the batter covers the bottom with a thin coating. Cook until it is browned from underneath and starts to pull away from the edge of the pan. Carefully flip it over and brown on the other side.