This is a great way to prepare chicken breasts. The combination of tomatoes, basil, and balsamic vinegar gives this dish a fantastic Italian-inspired flavor.
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless and deboned
- 4-6 tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup/120 mL balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup/60 mL fresh basil, loosely packed
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL black pepper, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL pepper flakes, optional
- Combine garlic, tomatoes, vinegar, oil, basil, black pepper, and salt in a food processor. Reserve a small amount of the chopped tomatoes and chopped basil for garnish.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, add chicken and 3/4 of the marinade. Make sure chicken is well coated. Seal bag and allow to marinate for 2-4 hours in the refrigerator. In a small saucepan, bring the reserved 1/4 of the marinade to a boil for 1 minute, reduce heat and allow mixture to simmer for 5-8 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat grill. Place chicken on grill and cook on medium heat for 10-12 minutes, turning once. Remove chicken from heat, top with cooked sauce and garnish with diced tomatoes or chopped basil.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||78 g|
|Saturated Fat||21 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||33 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|