This recipe uses the entire fish, stuffed with herbs and lemon. If you're looking for a quick and flavorful meal, this is definitely a must try!
- 2 1-pound/450 g trout
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL olive oil
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, cut into 4-6 slices
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL black pepper
1. Mix together parsley, olive oil, basil, rosemary, and garlic. Split mixture in half. Spread half evenly on the inside of each fish. Top with lemon slices (about 2-3 per fish). Place fish onto a large plate and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
2. Preheat grill for medium heat. Once it comes up to temperature and you are ready to place fish onto grill, oil the grill grates. Make about 3 passes across the grill to create a non-stick surface.
3. Carefully place fish onto the grill grate and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side. Make sure to watch for burning. Using a large heat resistant spatula, gently work fish away from the grate and turn. Cook for an additional 4-6 minutes or until internal temperature reaches at least 145 degrees.
4. Once fish has cooked, remove from heat and place onto a large cutting board. Remove lemon slices from center and squeeze a little fresh lemon juice over fresh flesh (this step is optional). Serve with your favorite sides.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|