Cream cheese, Parmesan, fresh basil leaves, and walnuts give this spread a pesto-like flavor and great texture. Serve with assorted crackers or toasted baguette slices.
The spread takes just minutes to make. Keep it covered in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
You could use pecans or toasted pecans in this recipe as well.
- 6 leaves basil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- dash of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Optional: 4 leaves basil (for garnish)
- In a food processor, combine the basil and garlic. Process until finely chopped. Add cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, walnuts, olive oil, and a few turns of ground black pepper. Process until smooth.
- Transfer spread mixture to a serving dish and garnish with fresh basil leaves.
- Serve with assorted crackers or baguette rounds.
- Makes about 2 cups of spread.
You Might Also Like
Easy Walnut Cheese Spread
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||18 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|