Apples and a variety of spices flavor this unique and delicious pot roast. Use a chuck roast or bottom round in this recipe.
- 1 beef pot roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 3 whole cloves
- 4 medium apples (cored and quartered)
- 1 small onion (sliced)
- 1/2 cup apple juice or cider
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 3 tbsp. water
- Trim all excess fat from roast.
- Lightly rub the top of meat with vegetable oil.
- Sprinkle meat with the salt, pepper and ginger. Insert the whole cloves in meat.
- Place apples and onions in the bottom of the Crock Pot and put the roast on top of the apples and onions.
- Pour in the apple juice.
- Cover and cook on a LOW for 9 to 12 hours, until tender.
- Remove the roast and apples to a warm platter when fully cooked.
- Turn the slow cooker to HIGH.
- Make a smooth paste with the flour and water and stir the paste into the liquid.
- Cover and cook until thickened.
- Pour gravy over roast when serving.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||20 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|