|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
Serve these meatballs as an appetizer or serve with rice or potatoes for a tasty family meal.
- For the Meatballs:
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 envelopes onion soup mix
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 eggs
- For the Sauce:
- 1 cup onion (chopped)2 cans tomato paste (12 ounces total)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
Combine meatball ingredients and mix well. Shape into meatballs and brown in a skillet with 1 tablespoon of oil. Drain on paper towels.
Add all sauce ingredients to crock pot and stir well. Add meatballs and cook, covered, on low for 5 to 6 hours (high for 2 to 3).
Serve as a main dish with rice or potatoes, or serve as an appetizer from the slow cooker. Makes about 60 meatballs.