|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 6g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||2%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This sauce is based on a basic tomato style barbecue sauce and then gets a kick from a little rum. You won't taste the rum (much) but it works excellently to combine the other flavors and enhance what you put it on. This BBQ sauce is great on BBQ Ribs.
- 2 (8-ounce/240 milliliters) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (8-ounce/240 milliliters) can green chilies (medium heat)
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup/120 milliliters brown sugar
- 1/4 cup/60 milliliters dark rum
- 2 tablespoons/30 milliliters vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon/15 milliliters molasses
- 1 tablespoon/15 milliliters Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon/15 milliliters olive oil
- 1 tablespoon/15 milliliters paprika
Gather the ingredients.
Pour olive oil in a medium saucepan over a medium heat.
Add onion and garlic.
Saute until opaque.
Add other ingredients except the rum. Mix well.
Bring to a light boil then remove from heat.
Pour in rum and stir until incorporated.
When the sauce has cooled down puree in a blender or with a hand blender until smooth.
Serve and enjoy!