Parmesan cheese and tomatoes highlight this tasty ground beef and Italian sausage meatloaf.
Serve the meatloaf with garlic mashed potatoes and green beans for a tasty family dinner.
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage, casings removed, about 2 to 3 links
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup soft fine bread crumbs
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, divided
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 green or red sweet bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried leaf basil
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup fresh shredded Parmesan cheese
- Lightly oil a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. Heat oven to 375 F.
- Combine beef, sausage, egg, and breadcrumbs in a large bowl.
- Chop the tomatoes or pulse in a food processor.
- Put half of the tomatoes into the meat mixture, along with chopped onion, garlic, and bell pepper. Add the basil, oregano, salt, pepper, and cheese. Mix until blended.
- Pack the meat mixture into the loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Top with remaining diced tomatoes and bake for about 15 to 20 minutes longer.
- Let rest for a few minutes; transfer to a platter and slice.
Serves 4 to 6.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||26 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|