This pot-roasted beef chuck recipe really shows how great just a few ingredients can be. The beef is roasted long and slow with aromatic vegetables, and the result is fork-tender chuck roast topped with delicious natural juices.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 1/2 pounds beef chuck pot roast
- 1 cup carrots (diced)
- 1 cup celery (diced)
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 stick butter
- Optional: prepared mashed potatoes
- Season beef chuck generously with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Add the olive oil to a Dutch oven and brown beef over medium-high heat on all sides.
- Remove the chuck roast and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Reduce the heat to medium, and cook the vegetables in the butter for 5 minutes, stirring.
- Place the beef chuck roast back in with the vegetables, cover and roast in a preheated 275 degrees F. oven for 2 1/2 hours, or until fork tender.
- Let the beef rest on a cutting board for 10 minutes before slicing against the grain.
- Taste and season vegetable mixture if needed.
Serve plain or on top of mashed potatoes. Spoon vegetable mixture and juices over the top and serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|