|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 6 Servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 61g||78%|
|Saturated Fat 30g||151%|
|Total Carbohydrate 5g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||5%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This pot-roasted beef chuck recipe really shows how great just a few ingredients can be. The beef is roasted long and slow with aromatic vegetables, and the result is fork-tender chuck roast topped with delicious natural juices.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 1/2 pounds beef chuck pot roast
- 1 cup carrots (diced)
- 1 cup celery (diced)
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 stick butter
- Optional: prepared mashed potatoes
- Gather the ingredients.
- Season beef chuck generously with salt and fresh ground black pepper. Add the olive oil to a Dutch oven and brown beef over medium-high heat on all sides. Remove the chuck roast and add the rest of the ingredients. Reduce the heat to medium, and cook the vegetables in the butter for 5 minutes, stirring.
- Place the beef chuck roast back in with the vegetables, cover and roast in a preheated 275 F. oven for 2 1/2 hours, or until fork tender. Let the beef rest on a cutting board for 10 minutes before slicing against the grain. Taste and season vegetable mixture if needed.
- Serve plain or on top of mashed potatoes. Spoon vegetable mixture and juices over the top and serve.