Beef cuts, especially tough, fatty cuts, are excellent candidates for long, slow cooking. Even though most of the recipes don't require pre-browning, searing the beef adds flavor, texture, and color. If you have the time, by all means, go ahead and sear the meat.
Here are some of our best fuss-free beef recipes for the slow cooker. Most of these entrees contain no more than 6 or 7 ingredients (not including salt, pepper, or water). From shredded beef barbecue and pot roasts to slow cooked steaks and stroganoff, you're sure to find a recipe in this list.
- 4-Ingredient Crock Pot Steak and Gravy: A packet of gravy mix and cream of mushroom soup make a flavorful gravy for this crock pot steak.
- Chuck Blade Steaks With Gravy: Chuck blade steaks come out tender and juicy when braised over a long period. Use your favorite seasoning blend to flavor the steaks.
- Crock Pot BBQ Beef Brisket: This will quickly become a favorite family recipe! Beef brisket is slow cooked to perfection with a smoky barbecue sauce. Shred it and serve it in sandwiches if you'd like.
- Crock Pot Onion Soup Beef Pot Roast: Onion soup mix adds fabulous flavor to this tender chuck roast. Potatoes and carrots cook along with the pot roast for a delicious one-pot dinner.
- Crock Pot Italian Beef Recipe: Italian beef gets its unique flavor from a jar of Italian Giardinera and some pepperoncini. The beef is shredded and served in sandwiches.
- Easy 4-Ingredient Crock Pot Barbecue: A bottle of barbecue sauce and a large onion are all you need for this crock pot beef, but feel free to add some grill seasoning for extra flavor.
- Easy Crock Pot Beef With Italian Seasonings: Condensed beef broth and Italian dressing mix flavors this super easy pot roast. This dish is perfect for a busy day.
- Easy Crock Pot Beef Tips: Some red wine flavors these beef tips beautifully. Serve them with their gravy over fluffy mashed potatoes or rice.
- Easy Crock Pot Swiss Steak: This no-fuss Swiss steak is a snap to fix, and the slow cooker leaves you with plenty of time to do other things.
- Eugene's Beef Barbecue: This easy beef barbecue contains ketchup, onion soup mix, and cola or Dr. Pepper.
- Monica's Italian Beef With Beer: This Italian beef includes pepperoncini, beer, and Italian salad dressing mix. Feel free to replace the beer with beef stock.
- Myron's Amazing Beef for the Slow Cooker: Pepperoncini (with its liquid) along with lots of garlic add flavor to this Italian style beef.
- No-Fail Crock Pot Cola Pot Roast: You can't go wrong with this 3-ingredient crock pot beef. Add some barbecue sauce if you'd like.
- Pot Roast With Pinto Beans: Canned pinto beans make this pot roast an easy, satisfying meal. Serve the beef and beans with hot freshly baked cornbread or cornbread muffins.
- Slow Cooker Italian-Style Round Steak: Italian style seasonings, spaghetti sauce, and Parmesan cheese flavor this fabulous steak. Use round steak or lean chuck in the dish.
- Slow Cooker Pepsi Pot Roast: This is another super-simple beef combination. Pepsi (or cola) is combined with condensed soup and onion soup mix to make the savory gravy.
- Slow Cooker Round Steak With Gravy: Steak, vegetables, and gravy make this a complete meal. It's perfect for a lazy snow day!
- Slow Cooker Shipwreck Casserole With Ground Beef: This crock pot dish is similar to a cottage pie. The recipe calls for canned potatoes, but leftover or freshly cooked potatoes would be even better.
- Slow Cooker Short Ribs With Red Wine: You can't go wrong with short ribs in the slow cooker. Long slow braising makes them melt-in-your-mouth tender.
- Slow Cooker Sirloin Tips With Mushrooms: Sirloin tips team up with mushrooms, beef stock, and some red wine. Serve the sirloin tips with rice, noodles, or mashed potatoes.
- Speedy Stroganoff: Leftover roast beef, condensed soup, onion soup mix, and sour cream make this a fast and easy preparation. Go ahead and enjoy your day while dinner cooks!
- Swiss Steak with Mushrooms: Steak, mushrooms, and gravy make an easy crock pot meal. Just brown the steak strips and add them to the slow cooker. Press the button and forget about it until it's time to eat.
- Vicki's Rump Roast: Instead of the familiar onion soup mix, this recipe includes condensed cream of mushroom soup and a can of condensed French onion soup.
- Busy Day Crock Pot Cabbage and Ground Beef: This recipe is one of the easiest, calling for very little prep. Just layer the ingredients in the slow cooker and cook!