- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (about 10 ounces) red enchilada sauce
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounce) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can (10 1/4 ounce) cream of chicken soup
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chile peppers
- 1 cup milk
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 package (about 7 ounces) tortilla chips, coarsely crumbled
- 8 ounces grated Cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (4 ounce) chopped ripe olives
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Lightly grease a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking dish.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef with the onion; remove from heat and drain off excess fat. Add chili sauce, soups, chopped chile peppers, milk, and minced garlic; mix well.
- In the prepared baking dish, layer half of the coarsely crumbled tortilla chips; top with half of the ground beef mixture and half of the cheese.
- Layer with remaining crumbled tortilla chips, then remaining meat mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese and chopped black olives over top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Serves 6 to 8
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||54 g|
|Saturated Fat||28 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||16 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|