- 1/4 cup/60 mL lemon juice
- 1/4 cup/60 mL white vinegar
- 1/4 cup/60 mL olive oil
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL honey
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL sea salt
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL cayenne (optional)
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL ground black pepper
1. Mix together all ingredients in a small bowl. Place ribs in a container large enough to lay one rack flat. Pour marinade over ribs, coating completely. Make sure to turn the rack of ribs a couple of times. Cover pan with plastic wrap and let sit in refrigerator for 12-24 hours.
2. Prepare smoker. Remove ribs from marinade and place in smoker. While ribs are cooking, place any remaining marinade into saucepan and simmer over medium high heat for 3-4 minutes.
Remove and let cool for 5 minutes. Use a as a baste for ribs.
3. If making marinade ahead of time, store in air tight container in refrigerator for up to 5 days after preparation.
See Marinating Beef for specific marinating times.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|