Dill and sour cream flavor this hearty, tasty beef stroganoff recipe.
Serve the beef with hot cooked noodles and rice, along with a salad or vegetables.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean stew beef or beef tips, cut into small pieces or thin strips
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup chopped onion, about 1 large onion
- 4 to 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups beef broth or bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried dillweed
- Heat butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add meat in 2 to 3 batches, browning each batch quickly. Set aside and keep warm. Add onion and mushrooms to the skillet and sauté for about 5 to 6 minutes, until golden brown. Stir in flour; blend well and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Gradually stir in beef broth. Cook, stirring, until sauce is thick and bubbly, about 3 minutes. Add beef and dill to the mixture. Add salt, pepper and sour cream; heat through - do not boil. Serve over rice or noodles.
You Might Also Like
Crockpot Budget Stroganoff
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||26 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|