Beef Tenderloin is a tender cut of meat but can be lacking in depth of flavor. This recipe calls for a hot a fast grilled tenderloin served with a fantastic creamy mushroom sauce.
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- For the Sauce:
- 7 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons half & half
- 8 cremini mushrooms (cleaned and sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons parsley (flat leaf, roughly chopped)
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil and add chopped onions. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms to the skillet and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic to the skillet and cook one minute. Remove from heat.
- In a medium saucepan combine cream cheese, half & half, and pepper. Blend well.
- Cook over medium heat until the mixture is smooth.
- Add cooked mushroom, onion, and garlic to the saucepan mixture. Keep warm.
- Place steaks on grill and cook until done, about 5 minutes per side.
- Pour cheese sauce over steaks, top with chopped parsley and serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||47 g|
|Saturated Fat||20 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||18 g|
|Dietary Fiber||9 g|