This roast beef tenderloin is perfect for a special holiday meal or dinner party. Plan to marinate the beef for at least 6 hours before roasting time.
- 1 cup good quality bourbon
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 1 beef tenderloin, about 5 pounds, trimmed
- Combine bourbon, brown sugar, soy sauce, cilantro, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, water, and thyme. Fold the thin tail end of the beef back underneath the roast so the meat is fairly uniform in thickness. Secure with cooking twine and place in a resealable food storage bag or nonreactive dish or pan.
- Pour marinade over tenderloin, cover, and refrigerate for 6 to 10 hours. Turn meat from time to time to keep it coated with marinade.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Roast, uncovered, basting occasionally, for 45 to 50 minutes for medium-rare to medium. A meat thermometer should read about 135 F for medium rare, 145 F for medium.
You can take a look at the meat temperature chart.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||30 g|
|Saturated Fat||12 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||14 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|