Macaroni and ground beef meals are great everyday family meals, and this recipe is no exception. Some readers mentioned they added some basil to the dish and others used stewed tomatoes instead of regular diced tomatoes.
Feel free to add your own special touch.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup uncooked macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Lightly grease a 2-quart casserole.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ground beef, celery, and chopped onion. Fry until beef is browned and onions are tender, stirring frequently. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Remove the beef mixture from heat and drain well.
- Transfer the ground beef mixture to a large bowl and add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, cooked macaroni, and the shredded cheese. Stir to blend. Add the Worcestershire sauce and the salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bake at in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
- Sprinkle the casserole with chopped parsley, if desired.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||35 g|
|Saturated Fat||17 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|