This beefy onion rice recipe is as flavorful as it is easy. With just six basic ingredients and an hour in the oven, you can have a delicious rice side dish that tastes like you spent the day in the kitchen. Canned beef consommé and condensed French onion soup are the two secret ingredients. They pack a punch of flavor in a convenient pantry staple package. Add in some fresh sliced mushrooms and green onion, and you're ready to go!
Try this rice with your favorite homey meat entree from meatloaf to pot roast.
- 1 can (10 1/2 oz) beef consommé
- 1 can (10 1/2 oz) condensed French onion soup
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain rice
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- Pre-heat the oven to 325 F.
- Combine all ingredients; stir well.
- Pour into a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 325 F for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until done.