This Spanish rice is an American-style recipe made with ground beef, tomatoes, and seasonings. It's a simple skillet meal that cooks quickly.
The Spanish rice can also be made with ground turkey, or leave the meat out and add more vegetables.
Related Recipe Spanish Rice With Bacon and Ground Beef
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 or 2 teaspoons brown sugar, optional
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup long-grain rice
- In a heavy skillet brown ground beef in butter.
- Add onion, green bell pepper, salt, brown sugar, chili powder, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook until onion is tender.
- Add tomatoes and ketchup; simmer 15 minutes.
- Add rice. Cover and simmer 25 minutes, or until the rice is tender, stirring occasionally. Add a little water or tomato juice if necessary.
Minute Rice Version: Add about 1 cup of Minute Rice to the skillet at the end of cooking time.
Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff and serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|