|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 6 Servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 11g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||24%|
|Total Carbohydrate 24g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||9%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This Spanish rice is an American-style recipe made with ground beef, tomatoes, and seasonings. It's a simple skillet meal that cooks quickly. The Spanish rice can also be made with ground turkey, or leave the meat out and add more vegetables.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Optional: 1 or 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup long-grain rice
In a heavy skillet brown ground beef in butter.
Add onion, green bell pepper, salt, brown sugar, chili powder, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook until onion is tender.
Add tomatoes and ketchup; simmer 15 minutes.
Add rice. Cover and simmer 25 minutes, or until the rice is tender, stirring occasionally. Add a little water or tomato juice if necessary.
- Minute Rice Version: Add about 1 cup of Minute Rice to the skillet at the end of cooking time. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff and serve.